This package includes the following:
- a one off charge which covers all of the start up activities to move your book towards publication
- A 90 minute consultation to assess what your aims are from becoming a published author, and to discuss the current state of your material (its written, its not written at all, its a collection of articles or blog posts that need to be collated as a book etc)
- A full editorial review of your material, to identify what more you need to do (if anything) to make that material ‘pre-formatting ready’ for electronic publication.
- Formatting your material (after any required adjustments have been made) to present correctly on Kindle and to include any and all required links and promotional references to enhance your visibility and your business results (basic Package covers books up to 100 pages.)
- Working with you to develop a book cover, and title, which will maximise your results on Amazon
- Writing of the sales description for your book which will be used on Amazon
- Identification of Amazon keywords and categories best suited to make your book a success
- Design and Management of the initial launch marketing of your book, using Amazon tools, industry promotional services, our dedicated promotional channels, social media and press releases.
- Provision of initial marketing material for you to use through your own marketing and social media channels
- creation of a basic ‘about the author section’ for you
- creation of a basic author page on Amazon for you (this can also be more of an ‘about the business page’ if that is the emphasis you require.)
- An ongoing management charge of 35% of royalty income (after fees and US taxes have been deducted). For this we will do the following for you:
- Maintain a company with legal identity with the US IRS, such that tax withheld from sales by Amazon is at 5% not 30% of income post Amazon charges
- Track sales and fees costs and provide you with monthly reports on your sales, income and costs
- Pay you, by bank deposit (unless other arrangements are made, which may be more appropriate depending on your country of residence), monthly, the royalty amounts due to you
- upload any corrections to your book, should you identify any errors or issues at any point.
- make pricing changes as and if required.
Note that royalties paid on digital books are considerably larger than those paid on traditionally published books – Amazon pay between 35% and 70% of sale price, less US taxes, delivery fees and currency conversion costs. So you will receive 35% to 70% of sale, less the taxes and charges Amazon takes, less the % we retain for management. On average you will receive around 50% of the sale price of a book sold digitally.